In light of the recent civil unrest that currently has Haiti on #HaitiLock, we are hosting a series of Digital TownHalls via FacebookLive to openly discuss the matter at hand with relevant actors in Haiti and from around the world.
Our goal with the TownHall series is simple: to create a platform for open discussion and sharing of perspectives, in order to better understand the situation at hand, and the impact on various sectors of our society, while exploring solutions and models that work.
Tune in to @SHEBUILDS on Facebook, and take part in the discussion.
- February 18: Perspectives and Impact of #HaitiLock on various aspects of our Society
- March 9: E-Governance & Building a Smart Nation
- March 23: Modernizing Local Industries – How Haiti can Leapfrog into the 4th Industrial Revolution
- April 13: Global Trade – Positioning Haiti’s competitive advantage in the global marketplace
- April 27: Feeding the Future – Agriculture, Food Systems, & Environmental Preservation
- May 11: Designing Sustainable and Resilient Cities – Urban Planning & Citizen Services
- May 25: Powering up Haiti – Clean Energy and the decentralization of the power supply
- June 8: Crisis Response & Disaster Recovery – Communication, Planning, and Practice
- June 22: Haiti as a destination – Cultural Preservation & Tourism Development
- July 13: From Home Games to Global Olympics – The Future of Sports in Haiti
- July 27: Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders – Education & Civic Engagement
- Aug 3: The Creative Economy – The evolution of the creative sector (Architecture, Music, Film, Fashion and beyond)
- Aug 17: Health, Wellbeing, and Healing from generational Trauma
Disclosure: This schedule is subject to change based on speaker availability